The Hawaii County Office of Aging (HCOA) is home to information and services
for residents age 60 years and older, persons with disabilities, and their caregivers.
The HCOA staff are experts on aging and disability service delivery, please contact us.
ADRC Statewide: (808) 643-2372
Hilo: (808) 961-8626
Kona: (808) 323-4392
Persons interested in applying for Disability Parking Permits can fill out the form below or by contacting the Hawai'i County Office of Aging by phone or at one of our locations below.
Office of Aging - Hilo - Phone: 808-961-8005
1055 Kino'ole St., Hilo, HI 96720
Office of Aging - Kona - Phone: 808-323-4390
74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Hwy., Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
- Download or Fill-Out the form here.
- You may submit the application via mail. See full instructions here.
Disability parking permit applications for first-time, temporary, and replacement placards (blue and red) may be submitted by mail to one of the County offices listed below. Both Office of Aging locations are open for in-person services, however, service by mail is encouraged due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All applicants must:
- Complete form PA-1 (physician/APRN to fill out Side 2)
- Make a copy of valid identification card
- Send a $12.00 check payable to: County Director of Finance (REPLACEMENT AND TEMPORARY PLACARDS ONLY)
- Mail to one of the offices listed below:
- Hilo: Office of Aging, 1055 Kino’ole Street, Hilo, HI 96720
- Kailua-Kona: Office of Aging, West Hawaii Civic Center 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Hwy., Bldg. B, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Renewals of Long Term (Blue) Placards must be submitted by mail.
Renewing a long term (blue) placard (it is expired or will expire):
- Complete form PA-2 (physician/APRN to fill out Side 2)
- Make a copy of your valid identification card
Mail both items to:
P.O. Box 3377
Honolulu, HI 96801
You can renew your State Id by mail if you are 80 years old or older.
- If you are a U.S. citizen or have permanent residence status.
- Have previously submitted REAL ID required documentation.
- Contact the Hawaii County DMV office online or call 961-2223 for further assistance and detailed instructions.
If you're unable to visit a county DMV office to renew your Hawaii State Identification Card due to a physical or intellectual disability that causes you to be homebound; then you can renew your State Id by completing the following.
- You must provide the county DMV office with a letter from a licensed primary care provider certifying that a severe disability causes you to be homebound.
- For this situation, the DMV will make arrangements to allow a non-in-person renewal. Contact your county DMV office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 961-2223
The Food Basket is an island-wide, supplemental food network that collects and
distributes nutritious, high-quality food to low-income households, the working poor,
the disabled, the ill, senior citizens, and children. Due to the Coronavirus, please call
ahead to food pantries or soup kitchens before visiting as the times and location may
have changed in response to the crisis. For more information, please contact us at
933-6030 or get help via the online contact form.
The food basket operates several programs to help our kupuna. Contact them for program details.
- Kupuna Pantry - Provides 35 pounds of fresh and canned meats, fruits, vegetables, and grains to eligible participants island-wide to supplement their diets with nutritious USDA foods. Apply online here.
Our Kupuna - Statewide, Food Resource
Phone: (808) 400-4506
Our Kupuna is a free service provided by volunteers interested in helping kupuna in
their community. The volunteer is matched to a kupuna (over age 65 years old). The
volunteer will check in with the kupuna once a week and shop for food and necessary supplies, so the kupuna does not have to leave their home.
The kupuna is responsible for reimbursing the sponsor for the cost of the items via cash/check (no credit cards allowed). To access the service, Kupuna will need to apply online.
St. Jude’s Church – Meal Pickup Service
Phone: (808) 939-7000
Take away sack lunch is distributed on Saturdays from 9 AM to 2 PM.